1. We are “The Cradle of Liberty”
Both the United States Declaration of Independence from Great Britain and the Constitution were signed here.
2. We are Known as the City of Brotherly Love
You’ll definitely feel welcome if you’re moving to Philadelphia. We are so welcoming we have a “Friendship Gate”.
3. There is No Shortage of Higher Education
With 19 four-year colleges and 10 two-year colleges we know we are pretty smart.
4. Your Philly Cheese-steak is Ordered “Wit or Witout”
Referring to whether you want fried onions or not, no to worry – you’ll catch on.
5. We are Basically Movie Stars
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Invincible, Silver Linings Playbook, Unstoppable, Boy Meets World, and Cold Case are just a few tv shows and movies that are based in our great city. Not to mention the opening credit scene of Fresh Prince.
6. We Take the Arts Seriously
The “Avenue of Arts” is lined with world class art venues.
7. World Class Chefs
8. “Gottahava Wawa”
Your one stop shop for everything, you won’t be able to live without it.
9. It Isn’t a Bad Attitude, It’s Just the Way Philadelphians Are
People call us cocky but really it’s just confidence.
10. Parking Enforcement Isn’t Playing Around
Hurry, your meter has probably already expired.
11. Watch for Cyclists
With the parking police on the loose, pedestrian and bike traffic is everywhere – so keep your eyes peeled.
12. It’s Called Center City, Not Downtown
If you refer to it as “downtown” we’ll probably pretend like you are speaking another language.
13. Farmer’s Markets are a Must
One of the best things about moving to Philadelphia is the food. You don’t have to travel to the country side to find farm fresh produce, meat and diary products – just look to your local farmer’s market.
14. Parks and Squares are in Abundance
63 parks total about 9,200 acres of green space, making up about 10% of Philadelphia.
15. Hopefully, You Will Never Understand why The Fresh Prince Left
In general our city is pretty safe, just use common sense and you’ll be fine.
16. The Philly Phanatic is the Best Mascot in Sports
The Philly Phanatic would win a mayoral election by a landslide.
72 stone steps that represent the fight in this city.
18.Yuengling is the Hometown Brew
Our home town brew is America’s oldest.
19. Mummer’s New Year’s Day Parade
Prepare yourself. You could see anything at this parade.
20. We Love the Eagles
Love them or hate them… No just love them.
21. We Hate the Cowboys