The windy city has some premium restaurants that are absolute musts if you are new to the area or just visiting, but I warn you, good luck deciding on just one of these great Chicago restaurants.
1. Bavette’s Bar and Boeuf 218 W Kinzie St. Chicago, IL
If you are looking a quality ribeye, look no further. Don’t believe me? Check out just a few of their hundreds of 5 stars reviews on Facebook. When it comes to steak, this place is definitely one of the great Chicago restaurants.
2. Alinea 1723 N Halsted St. Chicago, IL
Trying to impress your date? Start your night off at Alinea, featured in the Romantic Guide to Chicago, for a truly unforgettable experience.
3. Girl & the Goat 809 W Randolph St. Chicago, IL
Opening in 2010, the upscale family restaurant boasts a bold taste with international influence. Put by one Chi-Town native as, “A truly unique dining experience!”
4. Formento’s 925 W Randolph St. Chicago, IL
Formento’s started as an honor to the owner’s grandmother, it’s a tribute to the traditional Italian dishes with a hint of American influence.
5. The Purple Pig 500 N Michigan Ave. Chicago, IL
A staple on the Magnificent Mile, the cheese, wine, and swine restaurant is a collaboration of 4 award-winning chefs, making this place one of our definite must-try restaurants in Chicago.
6. Sable 505 N State St. Chicago, IL
Maybe it’s their extensive cocktail list or just the calm cool atmosphere, either way, Sable was voted one of the best bars to close a business deal in by Chicago Magazine.
7. Gather 4539 N Lincoln Ave. Chicago, IL
In just their second year, they have been honored with their second Michelin Bib Gourmand Award, cementing them as one of the great Chicago restaurants.
8. Farmhouse 228 W Chicago Ave. Chicago, IL
A must have is the cheese curds, anyone that has been there has seen the light and knows what we’re talking about.
9. Home Bistro 3404 N Halsted St. Chicago, IL
A Boystown headliner HB is a perfect event venue for private parties and casual dinning at an affordable price.
10. Smoque BBQ 3800 N Pulaski Rd. Chicago, IL
A passion for barbecue with a seamless combination of cut, rub, custom sauce wrapped up in a wood smoke flavor.
11. Little Goat Diner 820 W Randolph St. Chicago, IL
A 4.5-star average review on Facebook, 1,700 people can’t be wrong.
12. GT Fish & Oyster 531 N Wells St. Chicago, IL
Reviewed as one of the top 20 seafood restaurants in the U.S. by Travel & Leisure.
13. Bandera Restaurant 535 N Michigan Ave. Chicago, IL
Meat and music lovers take note. Highly recommended on Yelp for their classical jazz scene and the premium selection of entrées.
14. Municipal Bar & Dining Co. 216 W Ohio St. Chicago, IL
“Love this place! Awesome food and amazing atmosphere. Best place in town to watch a game!” – Pamela C. (Facebook Review). This is definitely one of our favorite must-try restaurants in Chicago!
15. Giordano’s Pizza 223 W Jackson Blvd. Chicago, IL
Deep Dish Pizza! This list would be incomplete without the Chicago Magazine’s top voted pizza place.
Bonus – Wrigley Field 1060 W Addison St. Chicago, IL
Head out for a flat beer and a cold hot dog to cheer on the storied Chicago Cubs as they duke it out with the cross-town rivals, the White Sox.
Did we leave one of your favorite spots off of our list of great Chicago restaurants? Leave a comment below and tell us what you think are some must-try restaurants in Chicago!