The windy city has some premium restaurants that are absolute musts if you are new to the area or just visiting, but I warn you good luck deciding on just one.
1. Bavette’s Bar and Boeuf 218 W Kinzie St. Chicago, IL
If you are looking a quality ribeye, look no further. Don’t believe me? Check out just a few of their hundreds of 5 stars reviews on Facebook.
2. Alinea 1723 N Halsted St. Chicago, IL
Trying to impress your date? Start your night off at Alinea, featured in the Romantic Guide to Chicago, for a truly unforgettable experience.
3. Girl & the Goat 809 W Randolph St. Chicago, IL
Opening in 2010, the upscale family restaurant boasts a bold taste with international influence. Put by one Chi-Town native as, “A truly unique dining experience!”
4. Formento’s 925 W Randolph St. Chicago, IL
Formento’s started as an honor to the owner’s grandmother, it’s a tribute to the traditional Italian dishes with a hint of American influence.
5. The Purple Pig 500 N Michigan Ave. Chicago, IL
A staple on the Magnificent Mile, the cheese, wine, and swine restaurant is a collaboration of 4 award winning chiefs.
6. Sable 505 N State St. Chicago, IL
Maybe it’s their extensive cocktail list or just the calm cool atmosphere, either way, Sable was voted one of the best bars to close a business deal in by Chicago Magazine.
7. Gather 4539 N Lincoln Ave. Chicago, IL
In just their second year, they have been honored with their second Michelin Bib Gourmand Award.
8. Farmhouse 228 W Chicago Ave. Chicago, IL
A must have is the cheese curds, anyone that has been there has seen the light and knows what we’re talking about.
9. Home Bistro 3404 N Halsted St. Chicago, IL
A Boystown headliner HB is a perfect event venue for private parties and casual dinning at an affordable price.
10. Smoque BBQ 3800 N Pulaski Rd. Chicago, IL
A passion for barbecue with a seamless combination of cut, rub, custom sauce wrapped up in a wood smoke flavor.
11. Little Goat Diner 820 W Randolph St. Chicago, IL
A 4.5-star average review on Facebook, 1,700 people can’t be wrong.
12. GT Fish & Oyster 531 N Wells St. Chicago, IL
Reviewed as one of the top 20 seafood restaurants in the U.S. by Travel & Leisure.
13. Bandera Restaurant 535 N Michigan Ave. Chicago, IL
Meat and music lovers take note. Highly recommended on Yelp for their classical jazz scene and the premium selection of entrées.
14. Municipal Bar & Dining Co. 216 W Ohio St. Chicago, IL
“Love this place! Awesome food and amazing atmosphere. Best place in town to watch a game!” – Pamela C. (Facebook Review).
15. Giordano’s Pizza 223 W Jackson Blvd. Chicago, IL
Deep Dish Pizza! This list would be incomplete without the Chicago Magazine’s top voted pizza place.
Bonus – Wrigley Field 1060 W Addison St. Chicago, IL
Head out for a flat beer and a cold hot dog to cheer on the storied Chicago Cubs as they duke it out with the cross-town rivals, the White Sox.