If you’re moving to H-town, you’re in for some great eats. The 12 restaurants below are ‘must-sees’ while you’re in Houston. Enjoy the article, and good luck not getting hungry as you read this list.
1. Southern Goods, 632 W 19th St. Houston Heights, TX
Yelper, Chris M. describes Southern Goods better than we ever could when he wrote, “They call it Southern Goods, but it should be named Southern Greatness. Great food, drinks, and service.”
2. Helen Greek Food and Wine, 2429 Rice Blvd. Houston, TX
If you’re looking for a place that blends a great atmosphere with a great passion for its food, look no further. Owner, Evan Turner, who lived in Greece for seven years during his youth always knew he wanted to open a Greek restaurant. Now he’s living that dream, and bringing awesome food to Houston.
3. Bramble, 2231 S Voss Rd. Houston, TX
Looking for authentic southern cuisine? Bramble is the place to go. Whether it’s fire-grilled wings (as seen above), pork ribs, or Louisiana shrimp, you’ll be satisfied after a visit to Bramble.
4. MF Sushi, 1401 Binz St. Suite 100. Houston, TX
Houston isn’t known for its Sushi, but MF Sushi is making a case that it should be. When it comes to MF, you’re receiving quality.
5. Underbelly, 1100 Westheimer Rd. Houston, TX
If you’re looking for the authority in all things pork, look no further than Underbelly. The open kitchen, combined with a variety of pork dishes will surely have you coming back regularly.
6. Dolce Vita Pizzeria, 500 Westheimer Rd. Houston, TX
Did somebody say pizza? If you’re looking to grab a couple slices of za, Dolce Vita is the place to go in Houston. Don’t believe me? Take a look at their 107, five-star reviews on Facebook.
7. Karbach Brewing Restaurant and Patio, 2032 Karbach St. Houston, TX
Karbach brewing puts together some of the best beer in Texas; however, it’s much more than just a brewery. Stop by for some delicious pork belly hash (as seen above).
8. Revival Market, 550 Heights Blvd. Houston, TX
Revival Market recently shifted from a market, serve yourself type of place, to more of a restaurant. If it’s your first time there, go with the Lamb Pastrami sandwich, you won’t be disappointed.
9. Velvet Taco, 4819 Washington Ave. Houston, TX
Looking for some late night food? With Velvet Taco, you can get served until 4am. A midnight snack is always right around the corner.
10. Songkran Kitchen, 1101-08 Uptown Park Blvd. Houston, TX
The first thing that jumps out you when you enter Songkran is the beautiful decor. The second thing is the food quality. Songkran has some of the best Thai food options in Houston. If you’re thinking of a dish to start with, go with the Nuer Sawan (heavenly beef).
11. Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse, 5865 Westheimer Rd. Houston, TX
A 4.7 rating on Facebook, with over 1390 reviews, Chama Gaucha is the place to go for authentic Brazilian. If you scroll through their reviews online, you’ll notice one common trend: unbelievable service.
12. The Original Ninfa’s, 2704 Navigation Blvd. Houston, TX
With several restaurants using “Ninfa’s” in their name, make sure not to be confused. Head over to The Original Ninfa’s On Navigation for what we think is the best Mexican food in Texas.